Monday, November 2, 2009

EMMETT - BEST WHITE PUPPY IN SWEEPSTAKES!

Ok, so we are just a little proud of our boy - Action Right Up My Alley - Emmett.  On Thursday evening, October 15th Emmett was entered in the National Specialty Puppy Sweepstakes.  He was the youngest white puppy entered at just a few days shy of seven months old.  There were two pups in his class and under Franne's direction he won first place.  Before I forget, a huge thank you to Linda for once again working her magic and helping Emmett look like a star for his big debut.  I could never do it without her and she has been a doG send to me as he mentors me in the world of Bullies.

After his first place win we got to wait around for the best white puppy of all class.  While in the staging area a very tall man speaking spanish into a recording device was circling around us.  I was alarmed at first and then realized that he was taking notes about Emmett!  He turned out to be Arnoldo Salazar from Mexico.  He has Arnold's Bull Terrier kennel.  He apparently really liked Emmett.  My head was swimming by this time and it was almost time for Emmett to go back in the ring.  Here are video's of the Best White Puppy Class.  It should have been one video but I was so excited I stopped the camera accidently and then had to re-start it.  So, part one and part two......





Emmett won best white puppy and it was such a thrill.  It was hard to believe it was our pup in the ring.  Just goes to show that what they say is true.  A calm person on the end of the lead can work wonders - even with an inexperienced puppy.  He looked so good to me and looked like he had been doing it forever.  What I liked the most was seeing his tail wag and his ears up.  He was happy to be there and that is what matters most to me.

I need to run and do some actual work so will post more later about the trip!

No comments: